Possible causes of data deletion-
- Unintentionally emptying Trash Bin - Deletion of files from Mac Trash either by emptying it or deleting them using the context menu. This type of deletion is assumed to be permanent, but it is not so. You can still retrieve the documents without any loss. Just you should remember not to use your hard disk after the deletion.
- Files deleted due to virus attack – When you are using your system online or downloaded some virus affected software, your documents are most likely to be affected by that virus. The documents are sometimes corrupted or even deleted.
- Files deleted due to unexpected shut down of computer – You can also lose your documents if your system is shutdown improperly. That can be due to power surge, low battery, direct off from the CPU or due to some third-party software.
- Documents lost due to defrag failure - Defragmentation failure can occur if the system is shut down intentionally/unintentionally or there is a power failure during the defrag process. This can result in loss of your documents.
- External Storage devices not removed properly – You may also lose your documents if the devices attached to the system are not removed safely. So, it is recommended that you should always use the “Safely Remove Hardware” to remove such devices.
This is why you should go for this software –
Disk Recovery Mac supports file formats like HFS+ and HFSX (Mac OS compatible) file systems. See http://www.diskrecoverymac.com/hfs-partition.html for HFS partition recovery, if you have a corrupted Mac OS X volume. Also, if you've lost some files on your USB Flash drive, this software can restore them as well! But file recovery is not the only function of Disk Recovery Mac. To prevent you from scanning again and again the whole drive, it has an option for saving the recovery session. So, next time when you want to recover your documents, it will start from the stored recovery point.
There are many reasons that you should choose Disk Recovery Mac. It can restore Mac hard drive(Check Here for more)with documents like Word, PDF, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook emails and other features like reminders, notes, calendar items, rar files and html files etc. It can also restore data after emptying Trash on Macintosh.
This is how you can recover documents on Mac –
Step 1: Download & install Disk Recovery Mac software on your Mac OS X.
Step 2: After running the software you will find 3 options. Select "Recover Files" among those three options from the screen and then select either “Recover Deleted Files” or “Recover Lost Files” option.
Step 4 : After scanning process is completed, all the restored documents will be listed.
Step 5 : Save the recovered files in your desired destination.
Please Note: Do not save the recovered documents on the same volume from which they were recovered.