Factors leading to Mac HDD corruptions are as follows:
- Error in file system conversion: As any other operating system even Macintosh computers have file system to organize the files in a well manner. Sometimes when you try to convert the file system without knowing a proper procedure, you may end up in losing files stored on Mac hard disk.
- Bad sectors on hard drive: Hard drive is round mechanical disk that is divided into different sectors which store the data in it. When one of the sector face damage the files stored on the particular sector becomes inaccessible to users. If suppose the files that is needed to boot your system resides on the bad sector then your hard drive fails to complete the booting process and hence makes the entire files to be lost from your system
- Journal file error: Journal file system enhances computer availability and fault resilience. This technique is most useful on Macintosh when a power outage interrupts the read or writing process on files. Since journal files keep the record of the changes made to any file at the time of outage so that system can resume its state on restart which prevents loss of file. But when there is an error on Journal file in lead to loss of data since the journal file stop keeping record of such changes.
- Improper system shutdown: Normal shutdown of system keeps the file system safe. When there is a sudden power surge hitting your system when files are under use it causes data loss. Abnormal termination causes file system corruption that makes the files to become inaccessible to the users and results in data loss.
Mac Disk recovery software is the best software, which helps the user to retrieve Mac files from deleted, corrupt, formatted or lost data from Mac volumes quickly with the help advance built-in algorithms. It uses the Universal Binary application, which helps the user work with both Intel and PowerPC Mac platforms. It has a very useful feature that helps the user to find files from recovered data list within seconds using “Find-Tool”. In addition, you can recover Mac hard drive data lost or deleted due to accidental formatting or hard drive failure. It can also recover the data from the HFS+ and HFSX formatted Mac file system volumes. This disk recovery Mac software also facilitates you to restore data from USB hard disk in just a few steps. You can go to this page to read more. Before you download and install any third party utility for Recovery of data, you should follow some steps for the safe recover of data that is, do not download or install the data recovery tool on the affected Mac machine as it may overwrites the lost or the deleted data and as a result it leads to the permanent data loss. So, in order to restore the files you should connect your affected hard disk to healthy Mac machine as a slave. You can even obtain the demo version from the company site to evaluate how the software recovers your lost or deleted files. You can also preview deleted or lost files prior to saving it using the preview option. If satisfied with the demo results you can buy the full version of the software. Later, you can activate the software and restore your lost files. You can compress your recovered files to save your hard disk space or you can also save recovered data to CD/DVD or any accessible storage volumes
Steps to recover files from damaged hard drive:
1. Download Mac Disk Recovery Software from the site and perform an installation process on your computer. Run the software manually and select “Recover Volumes/Drives” option from first screen.
2. The software pops up a window select “Volumes Recovery” option. Next, select the required damaged partition from where you lost your files.
3. The recovery process is initiated and provides a window with list of recovered files .Purchase the product and save the recovered files .